Issues you can solve with this article:
- You do not receive any e-mails from Machineseeker
- Your invoices end up in the spam folder, or you do not receive any invoices at all
- You want us to send invoices directly to your accounting department
Receive all e-mails
Sometimes our e-mails do not reach you as we intended. Spam filters on mailbox or server level are the reason. To ensure that messages reach you reliably, we recommend the following: Put our e-mail domains on a so-called positive list. The positive list makes your spam filter know that Machineseeker’s e-mails are always wanted. This way, you will receive all future mails.
Put an e-mail address on a positive list at mailbox level
To add people to your Safe Senders List, do the following:
- Within the Home tab click on “Junk”. Then click on “Junk E-mail Options…”.
- Choose the tab “Safe Senders”.
- Click on “Add…” and enter “@machineseeker.com” into the new window.
- Then click on “Apply”.
- Repeat the process with the following domains: “@mail.machineseeker.com”, “@mail2.machineseeker.com”, “@channel.machineseeker.com” and “@maschinensucher.de”.
From now on e-mails from Machineseeker are no longer treated as junk by Outlook.
To create and activate the positive list:
- In the menu click “Tools” and then “Message Filters”.
- On the right side of the new window “Message Filters” click on “New…”.
- Enter “Positive list” in the field “Filter name”.
- Check the field “Manually Run”.
- Check the field “Getting New Mail” and select “Filter after Junk Classification” in the adjacent dropdown menu.
- Check the field “Periodically, every 10 minutes”.
- Select “From” in the first dropdown menu on the left side.
- Select “contains” in the dropdown menu right of the prior one.
- Enter an e-mail address or domain in the text box right of it. In this case: “machineseeker.com”
- To add another domain, click on the “+” symbol and repeat the previous three steps e.g. with the domain “maschinensucher.de”.
- Under “Perform these actions:” select “Move Message to” in the first dropdown menu on the left side and choose a folder, where the e-mails are supposed to be sent to (e.g. inbox), in the second dropdown menu right of the first one.
- Click “OK” and close the “Filter Rules” window.
- Now, right-click on your Junk folder, click “Tools” and then “Filter”. Select the filter “Positive list”. From now on our e-mails will not be treated as Junk anymore by Thunderbird.
Positive list at server level
At the server level, you can set a positive list for the whole organization. Since there are many programs and alternatives, we ask you to contact your system administrator to whitelist the e-mail domains „@channel.machineseeker.com“, „@mail.machineseeker.com“, „@mail2.machineseeker.com“ and „@maschinensucher.de“.
Send invoices directly to accounting
In large organizations invoices are sometimes left in a department unintentionally. You can give us a separate e-mail address of your accounting department so that you do not have to worry anymore. Just send a short e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.